The short Inka Trail Discovering the Andes 2D & 1N
Cuzco Peru Travel is a 100% Peruvian company, which has created this package to meet ambitions people who do not have much time to do the traditional Inka Trail 4D & 3N but they want to venture into the youngest mountain range in the world known as the ANDES heading towards one of the new wanders of the world “MACHUPICCHU”.
THE SHORT INKA TRAIL which is basically another alternative to go to the Historical Sanctuary of Machupicchu, walking down an original Inka Trail with fabulous landscapes through archeological sites with beautiful locations and best of all with personalized attention A-1 that our company offers to you.
This adventure lasts 2 days and 1 night and is 15 km or 9.3 miles distance of hiking, this package offers:
NATURE TOURISM (Natural landscapes, natural biodiversity, flora and fauna).
CULTURAL TOURISM (Inka trails, archeological sites and Inka history basically).
ADVETURE TOURISM (Hiking through the ANDES going to Machupicchu).
Do not wait more and come to enjoy with us the SHORT INKA TRAIL.
- Cuzco – Ollanta train station by bus – Beginning of the trail or Km. 104) by train.
- Km. 104 or Chachabamba to Machupicchu Hiking.
- Overnight Machupicchu town or Aguas Calientes Town.
- Minimum Altitude (2250 meters or 7380 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (2700 meters or 8850 feet).
- Machupicchu full day
- Minimum Altitude (2000 meters or 6560 feet).
- Maximum Altitude (2400 meters or 7850 feet).
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Aguas Calientes
Early in the morning you will be picked up from your Cusco hotel between 04.00 to 05.00 hrs, and then you will take an expedition train towards kilometer 104 (Chachabamba), where our adventure begins. Upon arrival we visit the archaeological sites of Chachabamba at 2250mt. / 7,380 feet above sea level. Here agricultural product from other areas where collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then we begin our walk towards Wiñaywayna. A long the way we have beautiful views of the Urubamba River and for sure you see many different kinds orchid family. Unexpectedly, the amazing ruins of Wiñaywayna will appear in front of you. Your guide will show you this important Inca site located at about 2650 mt. / 8,692 feet above sea level. After another 10 minutes of hiking, you will arrive at the only lodge located in the area. This portion of the hike can be completed in about three hours. Here you will enjoy your box lunch. After lunch you will start a hike of about one hour and thirty minutes, which will take you to the sun gate or “Intipunku.” From the sun gate, you will have the first amazing view of Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu, after a rest, you will walk another 40 minutes until the historical sanctuary of Machu Picchu. From there, we will catch a tour bus that will drive you down to Machu Picchu town or Aguas Calientes. Once at the town, you will check in at the accommodation of your choice and then enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Early in the morning we will try to get one of the first buses to Machu Picchu. Going up by bus we get the first glance of Machu Picchu between the mountains on its saddle high over the Urubamba River. Once there our professional tour guide is going to show us the highlights of the place for about 2 hours and a half. We will learn about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and we will be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas. After the guided tour you will have time for your own to go everywhere like go to the top of Wayna Picchu Mountain or the Inka Bridge. In the afternoon we will meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cusco.
Included-Not Included & Costs
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at your Hotel or Office.
- Pick up from your Hotel.
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs)
- Expedition train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the trail and the Machupicchu sanctuary
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Walk with an excellent English speaking guide.
- Guided visit of the places that we will pass.
- Guided Tour of Machupicchu on the second Day
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast.
- Accommodation at Hotal.
- 2 bus tickets (Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu)
- Expedition train return to Cusco or train to Ollanta and transport to Cusco
What is not Included:
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on 2nd Day US$ 12
- Lunch on the 2nd Day, Drinks, snacks or water.
- Personal gratitude trekking crew, guides and staff at your discretion
- Hot spring pools 10 soles. (Optional)
- Entrance fee for WuaynaPicchu $75.00 (Optional).
We recommend that you bring
- Your Original passport
- Student card ISIC (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink ( 2 liters)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Basic toiletries
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sun lotion with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes(Malaria or Yellow fever have not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, sneakers or sturdy shoes
- Money in soles or dollars.
All our tours are based on private service and can be customized to satisfy your personal needs and preferences. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive more assistance for planning your customized private tour in Peru.
Our prices often vary based on the requirements of your trip, and will depend on number of travellers, length of time, type of accommodation, etc.
For any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us! Get in touch with our travel experts by our Live Chat Help or by email at: email@example.com
In addition, call us at (+51) 979709678
Our travel experts will be glad to assist you at any time!
Create your Adventure
LET’S MAKE YOUR PERFECT VACATION
Your trip will be personalized, just for you, by one of our expert travel designers.
So let us know as much as you can about your wishes and your needs. Then we can create your bespoke trip, with accommodation, activities and expert local guides, all to suit you.