Lares Trek 04 Days / 03 Nights Andean Life
Cuzco Peru Travel creating unforgettable journeys, created this hike in the heart of the ANDES for people interested in learning more of the youngest mountain range of the world THE ANDES and the people who are living there, this means seeing the tradition, culture, history and basically their life with a lot of cultural connection, on the other hand we will have stunning views, beautiful and colorful lakes, amazing snowcapped mountains and really nice farming lands. At the end we will have the opportunity to visit MACHUPICCHU SANTURY one of the new modern wanders of the world.
This adventure lasts 4 days and 3 nights and this package offers:
NATURE TOURISM (Natural landscapes, natural biodiversity, flora and fauna).
CULTURAL TOURISM (Inka trails, archeological sites and Inka history basically).
ADVETURE TOURISM (Hiking through the ANDES going to Machupicchu).
Do not wait more and come to enjoy with us the LARES TREK The real Andean life.
- Cusco – Lares Town by bus – Huacahuasi hiking
- Overnight Huacahuasi village.
- Minimum Altitude (3100 mts. / 10,170 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (3600 mts. / 11,800 feet).
- Huacahuasi to Patacancha hiking
- Overnight Patacancha village.
- Minimum Altitude (3600 mts. / 11,800 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (4,500m / 14,760feet).
- Patacancha to Ollantaytambo hiking
- Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes by train
- Overnight Machupicchu town or Aguas Calientes Town.
- Minimum Altitude (2000 m / 6560 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (3,700 m / 12,139 feet).
- Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco (B)
- Minimum Altitude (2000 m / 6560 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (2400 m / 7870 feet).
Day 1: Cusco – Lares Town – Huacahuasi
Early in the morning. Your professional tour guide will pick you up from your hotel. A private transfer will take you to Lares Town where you will have time to relax at the medicinal hot springs of the town. An early lunch will be served there. Lares is a typical Andean valley located at about 3100 mts. / 10,170 feet above sea level. After lunch you will start your hike towards the Andean community of Huacahuasi where you will enjoy dinner and camp. Huacahuasi is located at about 3600 mts. / 11,800 feet above sea level.
Day 2: Huacahuasi- Patacancha
After a delicious breakfast we begin to walk today we climb steadily, passing through nice landscape of beautiful plants and flowers with herds of llamas and alpacas. After about 2 hours and a half we will reach the Ipsayccasa Pass (4,500m/ 14,760ft) and take in the breathtaking views of the beautiful mauntain Veronica (5,750m/18,864ft) and the surrounding snow-capped peaks. Then we will descend to the Ipsaycocha Lake and enjoy the Andean geese, and other water birds.
We will relax and eat a delicious lunch. Afterwards, we continue to the village of Patacancha (3,700m/ 12,139ft), a well-known textile community and where the people still preserve their ancient Quechua customs. This will be our campsite.
Day 3: Patacancha – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Today, our trail will lead downhill to an outlook facing wide valley. Your guide will point out different plants and animals along the way, including llamas and alpacas. Situated in a fertile river valley and sheltered by huge mountains, this ancient Inca village is considered one of the most important living museums in the world. It is a perfect place to appreciate the vast archeological remains and a wide variety of flowers and bird species. Then, we will take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (evening) and spend the night there in a comfortable hostel.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cuzco
THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY – MACHU PICCHU!
Early in the morning our Professional Tour Guide will pick you up from your hotel. Then you will go to bus station where you will be boarding your last connection to Machu Picchu; the bus ride takes around 25 minutes and follows a zigzagging slight slope with nice views.
Once in Machu Picchu, the private guided tour around the Sacred Incan Citadel starts and it lasts around 2 hours 30 min. You will explore the highlights of the Sacred Incan Citadel of Machu Picchu; visiting even the famous panoramic view promoted by the national geography society. When the tour finishes, you will have time to explore the area on your own. Your return to Cusco city will be by train until the next train station where our staff will be waiting to escort you to your hotel in Cusco.
Optional: Hike up WaynaPicchu, the peak overlooking the Machu Picchu Archaeological site. This hike is steep and takes about 3 hours round trip, but affords spectacular views of the surrounding Andes and views over the Machu Picchu citadel from above. Numerous Inca burials have been found in cavities on this mountain. Please let us know if you’d like to add this to your itinerary.
Included-Not Included & Costs
What is Included:
- Collection from your hotel early in the morning.
- Private transportation to Lares village (starting of our trek.)
- 2 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress.
- English speaking experienced Professional Mountain and cultural guide.
- 6 kilos porterage service for your personal items.
- Full board meals 4 Breakfast, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners. (Buffet Style Peruvian Gourmet Cuisine).(Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Dining tent and cooking tents with tables and chairs.
- Experienced Chef, assistants and cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Mules to carry tents, mattress, food, cooking equipment.
- Hot water for washing purposes.
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles each morning.
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes (Private rooms) Double Accommodation. Dinner.
- Early on Day 4th Bus ticket to Machuppicchu from Aguas Calientes.
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or (train to Ollanta and private transport to Cusco).
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex.
- Complete guided tour in Machu Picchu, time to explore on your own,
- Ticket to Huaynapicchu mountain (walk to the top without a guide, trail is well marked) If Huaynapicchu tickets are sold out we offer Machupicchu montaña walk instead.
What is not Included:
- Water to drink on Day 1
- Sleeping Bags USD$ 20.00
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 4th
- Personal gratitude trekking crew, guides and staff at your discretion.
We recommend that you bring
- Backpack or a daypack in case you booked a personal porterage
- A warm and good Sleeping Bag (Minus 8ºC) : (Can be rented at SAS office)
- Hiking boots (sneakers or running shoes are not recommended)
- Trekking poles
- Warm clothes layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Flashlight with extra batteries necessary
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries / Charger
- Sun Protection : Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Thermals, Wool Socks & Woolen Hat for cold nights
- Gloves, Scarf
- Insect Repellant for Valleys and Machupicchu
- Rain Poncho / Good rain jacket
- Toiletries, Toilet paper, small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Trekking pants or similar
- Water bottle
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card is applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff
OPTIONAL: Little presents for kids of Communities along the trail such as school supplies, second hand clothes, toys, etc.
All our tours are based on private service and can be customized to satisfy your personal needs and preferences. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and receive more assistance for planning your customized private tour in Peru.
Our prices often vary based on the requirements of your trip, and will depend on number of travellers, length of time, type of accommodation, etc.
For any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us! Get in touch with our travel experts by our Live Chat Help or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, call us at (+51) 979709678
Our travel experts will be glad to assist you at any time!
Create your Adventure
LET’S MAKE YOUR PERFECT VACATION
Your trip will be personalised, just for you, by one of our expert travel designers.
So let us know as much as you can about your wishes and your needs. Then we can create your bespoke trip, with accommodation, activities and expert local guides, all to suit you.