Inka Jungle to Machupicchu 04 Days / 03 Nights
Cuzco Peru Travel creating unforgettable journeys, created this adventure tour as a good alternative to go to Machupicchu enjoying breathtaking views, a long this journey we will have opportunity to see snowcapped Mountains, valleys, rivers, farming land of coca leaves and exotic fruits.
During this journey we will have optional activities such as River Rafting and Zip line.
This adventure lasts 4 days and 3 nights, this package offers:
NATURE TOURISM (Natural landscapes, natural biodiversity, flora and fauna).
CULTURAL TOURISM (Inka trails, archeological sites and Inka history basically).
ADVETURE TOURISM (Hiking through the ANDES going to Machupicchu, river rafting, zip line and more).
Do not wait more and come to enjoy with us the INKA JUNGLE TO MACHUPICCHU.
Day 1 -. Cusco, Abra Malaga, Santa Maria, Inka Jungle trek.
- Overnight at Santa Maria Town.
- Minimum Altitude (1280 meters or 4199 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (4200 meters or 13779 feet).
Day. 2 – Santa Maria, Hot Springs, Santa Teresa.
- Overnight Santa Teresa Town.
- Minimum Altitude (1280 meters or 4199 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (2200 meters or 7217 feet).
Day. 3 – Santa Teresa, Hydroelectric Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes.
- Overnight Machupicchu town or Aguas Calientes Town.
- Minimum Altitude (2000 meters or 6561 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (2400 meters or 7873 feet).
Day 4 -. Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, Cusco
- Minimum Altitude (2250 meters or 7380 feet)
- Maximum Altitude (2700 meters or 8850 feet).
Day 1 – Cusco – Abra Malaga – Santa Maria
Early in the morning the Adventure begins with pickup at 6:30 am from your hotel. And hit the road! Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery as you are driven to over 4200 meters or 13779 miles above sea level to the top of Abra Malaga. Take a deep breath, strap on the protective gear provided and take in the majestic mountain before hitting the pavement on brand new mountain bikes. Feel the wind whip your face as you cruise down winding mountain roads, past waterfalls, mountain villages and the occasional road dog. Almost three hours and a 2000-meter or 6500 miles decent of white knuckled excitement brings you to the lunch stop in Alfamayo. Strip off layers and slap on insect repellent as you enter the pre-jungle climate. After lunch and some time to relax (to let the heat of the afternoon melt away) a short van ride takes you to the start of your first short trek. About 30 minutes penetrating the jungle takes you to your accommodation for the evening. A family owned jungle lodge provides the perfect backdrop to recover from the trek and recount the excitement of the day. Keep an eye out for the family mongoose and parrot!
- OPTIONAL RAFTING TOUR IN SANTA MARIA, US$35 Pay Directly To The Operator
Day 2 – Santa Maria To Santa Teresa
A 7 am wake up finds you shrouded in the mists of the jungle. After a breakfast your day starts with a short but intense climb to start your section of an authentic Inka Trail. As you wind up and down precipitous cliffs over a stunning valley your professional adventure & cultural guide will transport you to the time of the Incas, revealing some of what little we do know from this ancient and amazing culture. The trail descends to Quellomayo where the group will stop for lunch and have some time to relax in hammocks. Keep an eye out for natural fruit, especially the taste explosion that is maracuya (passion fruit). After lunch the trek continues along the surging Urubamba river, crossing it at one point in a cart and pulley (safe yet thrilling!). Your day of trekking (around 16km) concludes with a visit to the immaculate Santa Theresa hot springs. Sink into the warm water and let the aches of the trail melt away. Dinner and a comfortable hostel in Santa Theresa rounds out the day.
Day 3 – Santa Teresa To Aguas Calientes
A choice waits at the outset of the third day: either continue trekking, or choose to fly through the air 150 meters above the ground over rivers and jungle! The zip line option includes transport to the zip line facility and 5 zips. Are you brave enough to lean back into the upside down monkey position? Or spread your wings and dive head first in the incredible superman position. Make sure you book your zip line ahead of time to ensure the safest, highest, fastest zips (there are several other zip tours of lesser quality).The group will re-form at the Hidrolectrica station for lunch before continuing the trek. Another three hours trekking along the train tracks and the raging river brings you to the tourist town of Aguas Calientes. Travelers have the option to visit the local hot springs or relax and explore the town before dinner. Make sure you make it an early night to be awake for the ascent to the jewel of the tour: Machu Picchu!
- OPTIONAL ZIP LINE TOUR IN SANTA TERESA, US$30
DAY 4. THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY – MACHU PICCHU!
Early in the morning our Professional Tour Guide will pick you up from your hotel. Then you will go to bus station where you will be boarding your last connection to Machu Picchu; the bus ride takes around 25 minutes and follows a zigzagging slight slope with nice views.
Once in Machu Picchu, the private guided tour around the Sacred Incan Citadel starts and it lasts around 2 hours 30 min. You will explore the highlights of the Sacred Incan Citadel of Machu Picchu; visiting even the famous panoramic view promoted by the national geography society. When the tour finishes, you will have time to explore the area on your own. Your return to Cusco city will be by train until the next train station where our staff will be waiting to escort you to your hotel in Cuzco.
Optional: Hike up WaynaPicchu, the peak overlooking the Machu Picchu Archaeological site. This hike is steep and takes about 3 hours round trip, but affords spectacular views of the surrounding Andes and views over the Machu Picchu citadel from above. Numerous Inca burials have been found in cavities on this mountain. Please let us know if you’d like to add this to your itinerary.
Included-Not Included & Costs
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in your hotel.
- Collection from your hotel in Cuzco from (05:00 am) or from Sacred Valley.
- Brand new mountain bikes with front suspension, gloves and helmet.
- Private bus to the beginning of the adventure
- Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 3 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Entrance fee Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- 03 nights accommodation in basic hostels/lodges (Clean, safe & comfortable).
- Emergency First-aid kit.
- Bus up-down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Tourist train and bus back to Cusco
What is not Included:
- Personal gratitude trekking crew, guides, cooks and staff at your discretion.
- First breakfast & the last lunch
- Hot Springs in Santa Teresa. Optional (10 soles)
- Travel Insurance.- eg: World Nomade Insurance. (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,600 masl)
- Ticket for waynapicchu Mt. USD$ 20.00.
- Vistadome Train + car return to Cusco (Up-grade train return) extra USD$ 60.00 per person. (This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco.)
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A daypack to carry your personal belongin
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zip off to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toilet paper, small towel
- Water bottle or camel back.
- Extra money for drinks in soles.
- Emergency money.
All our tours are based on private service and can be customized to satisfy your personal needs and preferences. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive more assistance for planning your customized private tour in Peru.
Our prices often vary based on the requirements of your trip, and will depend on number of travellers, length of time, type of accommodation, etc.
For any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us! Get in touch with our travel experts by our Live Chat Help or by email at: email@example.com
In addition, call us at (+51) 979709678
Our travel experts will be glad to assist you at any time!
Create your Adventure
LET’S MAKE YOUR PERFECT VACATION
Your trip will be personalised, just for you, by one of our expert travel designers.
So let us know as much as you can about your wishes and your needs. Then we can create your bespoke trip, with accommodation, activities and expert local guides, all to suit you.